Clifford Scrapbook 1, 1925 - 1928
Item — Carton: LWCC, Object: 1
Scope and Contents
Scrapbook, by Lyndon W. Clifford, 1925-1926. Photographs, newspaper clippings, programs, and postcards of Iolani and Hawaii people, scenes and events. Many are identified. Includes photo of headmaster, faculty and students, including football team and glee club. It contains a copy of the 1926 InLook (school newspaper). Also includes commencement program, "Iolani Ka Moi" by May L. Restarick and a blue and gray felt letter "I". Also includes photo of Iolani faculty from 1925-26, tapa-covered dance card with tiny attached pencil, Matson passenger ID and souvenir passenger list, hand colored photographs, theater tickets, dinner place tags (?).
- 1925 - 1928
- Clifford, Lyndon W. (Compiler, Person)
The ’Iolani School Archives contains materials, information, videos, images, etc., that may be considered sensitive or offensive according to today's standards. These items are indicative of societal attitudes at particular points in time. Such materials are retained and preserved in an effort to adequately represent the historical record.
Conditions Governing Access
The Archivist reserves the right to restrict use of fragile materials. Duplicates such as photocopies, typescripts, or digital surrogates may be supplied in place of original materials.
From the Collection: 1 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
Black paper album.
- 'Iolani School. Faculty and Staff
- Akahoshi, Fred
- Asato, Robert
- Athletics -- Football Subject Source: Local sources
- Athletics -- Swimming Subject Source: Local sources
- Athletics -- Track and field Subject Source: Local sources
- Au, Ah Sau
- Caldwell, Roberta, Headmaster (t. 1921 - 1922)
- Chang, Harry
- Coaches (Athletics) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Cullen, S.
- Domen, Ken Saku
- Flappers Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Freemasons Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Hara, Derek
- Hawaii Subject Source: Local sources
- Hinckley, Thurston R., Principal (t. 1925 - 1930)
- Ho, Bernie (Bernard)
- Kaili, J.
- Kaimana, Eddie (Edward)
- Kung, John
- Kurokawa, Mrs.
- Lee, Chong Fong
- Leong, Roger
- Lim, Chun Bin
- Luther, Nani
- Mahelona, Kala
- Matson Navigation Company
- Matsumoto, Clarence
- Miller, Daphne
- Nuuanu YMCA Volunteer Leaders Boys Club
- Oakes, Eva
- Pang, Ken
- Pante, Raymond
- Politics and government Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Racism Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Restarick, May L.
- Runyan, C.
- Smith, R.
- St. Andrew's Cathedral (Honolulu, Hawaii)
- Suzuki, Matsuzo
- Thornton, J.
- University of Hawaii
- White, J.
- Wilson, Mary
- Woolaway, Mrs.
- YMCA of Honolulu (Event place)
- Yuh, John