One Team Compilation
- Spring 2015
Oral History Disclaimer
Opinions expressed during interviews are not the opinions of ’Iolani School and may contain viewpoints and/or manners of speech which are no longer deemed appropriate in today's society. Such elements are included in an effort to preserve the history and context of the subject matter.
'Iolani Login Required for Digital Objects
To view digital content: access via 'Iolani School issued iPad, or via computer by 1- log onto 'Iolani School email account, then 2- open item record in additional tab of the same browser.
Biographical / Historical
Content created by student Sierra Greene, class of 2015, during her senior year enrolled in the One Mile Project course; under the supervision of iDepartment faculty member Kirk Uejio, class of 1998. Greene interviewed long-time faculty who had retired, or were retiring at the end of that school year, on the topic of school history. She named her project the Retired Teacher Oral History Library.
The One Mile Project is a semester long course available to 9th-12th graders at 'Iolani School through the iDepartment. Excerpt from the 'Iolani School Course Catalogue: "ONE MILE PROJECT (Grades 9–12, one semester) provides students with meaningful, real world experience by getting outside of ‘Iolani, learning about real needs in our community, and creating solutions to those needs. Students begin the class by engaging in empathy challenges and off-campus visits with kupuna in our community. They continue by working together with classmates and community members to develop real solutions for the older adult population for their final project. Prerequisites: None/May not repeat for credit."
700,992,557 Bytes : .mp4
1 Electronic file
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
One Mile Project course, Spring 2015.
- 'Iolani School -- History Subject Source: Local sources
- 'Iolani School -- One Team Subject Source: Local sources
- Interviews Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Oral history Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Iwashita, Val T., Ed.D., Headmaster (t. 1995 - 2012) (Interviewee, Person)
- Roberts, Dave (David) (Interviewee, Person)
- Schroers, Carl William (Interviewee, Person)
- Schroers, Gail (Interviewee, Person)
- Lee, Bill (William) (class of 1953) (Interviewee, Person)
- Feldhaus, Dan (Daniel) (Interviewee, Person)
Part of the 'Iolani School Archives Repository
563 Kamoku St
Honolulu HI 96734 US