- 1925 - 2015
- 'Iolani School. Faculty and Staff (Organization)
- 'Iolani School. Alumni (Organization)
- 'Iolani School. Students (Organization)
Language of Materials
Collection includes English and Chinese.
Conditions Governing Access
The Archivist reserves the right to restrict use of fragile materials. Duplicates such as photocopies, typescripts, or digital surrogates may be supplied in place of original materials.
The ’Iolani School Archives contains materials, information, videos, images, etc., that may be considered sensitive or offensive according to today's standards. These items are indicative of societal attitudes at particular points in time. Such materials are retained and preserved in an effort to adequately represent the historical record.
43.5 Linear Feet
The materials in this collection were generated by various offices within ’Iolani School, as well as, student groups, alumni, faculty and staff. Immediate sources of acquisition include, transfer by creating office/department, faculty/staff, or donation by alumni. See Scope and Content note and Series descriptions for any details available. Further accruals are expected.
Preliminary processing details are unknown. We decided to leave the collection primarily as it was- a collection of artifacts- as we do not have enough information on provenance to reconstruct the original collections. Physical arrangement was changed to comply with the intellectual arrangement, grouping items of a series together. There is no information on why the collection was arranged the way it was, by format, rather than by donor. Final arrangement was completed by Archives Assistant Valancy Rasmussen, January 2017.
- A guide to the collection in the 'Iolani School Archives.
- Valancy Rasmussen, Archives Assistant
- February 2017
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- 2019: Original inventory and description completed using Microsoft Excel. Manually transcribed into 'Iolani School's instance of ArchivesSpace in 2019.