Thomas E. Jessett Collection
Scope and Contents
Collection consists of a scrapbook and manuscript by St. Andrew's Cathedral Grounds campus faculty member Thomas E. Jessett. Inlcudes 'Iolani School and Hawai'i people and scenes.
- Other: 1902 - 1981
Language of Materials
Collection is in English.
The ’Iolani School Archives contains materials, information, videos, images, etc., that may be considered sensitive or offensive according to today's standards. These items are indicative of societal attitudes at particular points in time. Such materials are retained and preserved in an effort to adequately represent the historical record.
Biographical / Historical
Reverend Canon Thomas Edwin Jessett, Doctor of Sacred Theology and Doctor of Divinity, was born in 1902 in Marlborough, England. He was an Episcopal clergyman and teacher. He was ordained as a decon in 1928, and as a priest in 1929. He was installed Cannon of Honor in 1953. The Reverend Cannon Jessett died in 1982.
0.42 Linear Feet (1 - Document box)
Gift of Frederick E. Jessett, 2008.
- 'Iolani School -- St. Andrew's Cathedral Grounds Campus Subject Source: Local sources
- 'Iolani School. Faculty and Staff
- Educators Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Episcopal Church -- Clergy Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Hawaii Subject Source: Local sources
- Teachers Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Thomas E. Jessett Collection
- A guide to the collection in the 'Iolani School Archives.
- Inventory and description by Valancy Rasmussen, April 2017. Arrangement by Georgina Tom, June 2019.
- June 2019
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- June 2019: Original inventory and description completed using Microsoft Excel. Manually transcribed into 'Iolani School's instance of ArchivesSpace in 2019.